Monday, November 30, 2009

Isaiah 40:1-5

As we prepare for the arrival of the baby Jesus this advent season, we focus on a message of comfort and preparation from Isaiah. What things bring you comfort? When I think of comforting things, I think of sitting in front of a cozy fire with a good book, being wrapped in one of my Grandmother’s beautiful handmade quilts, the kind and gentle touch and words of the hospice nurse who cared for my dying father, the tender hug of my husband or children, or calling my best friend when I’m down. I also think of the grace and compassion of the one who is coming and about the hope that Jesus brings. He brings tenderness, caring, empathy, and affection to all. Let us prepare for His arrival and then His glory will shine and we will see what new things God is doing in our midst. (Isaiah 40:3-5)

Cindy Carroll, Parish Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment