Friday, December 11, 2009

2 Corinthians 1:2-5

I invite you to read Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 1, verses 2 through 5. Paul’s words in the middle of these verses have been especially important for me: “Praise be to the God... the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God .”

I was a young man when I really learned to appreciate these words at a very troubling time as my wife Dorothy and I suffered the tragedy of our three year old son’s death. Surely we received God’s comfort at this time, but it was through the actions and words of others that we fully realized the meaning and power of Paul’s words. I cherish this memory and rejoice in the present as I see the comfort of all of us through Christ overflowing to those who are troubled.

George Niesl, Member

No comments:

Post a Comment