Sunday, December 6, 2009

Malachi 3:1-4

The “Refiner’s Fire” Malachi describes is what purifies precious metals. There is a contemporary Christian song “Refiner’s Fire” – the refrain goes like this:

Refiner’s fire / My heart’s one desire / Is to be holy / Set apart for you Lord
I choose to be holy / Set apart for You, my Master / Ready to do your will.


Well, this Advent season, may these lyrics be “refined” to reflect more fully what we believe:

Refiner’s fire / My heart’s one desire / Is to be wholly / set inside of you Lord
I want to be wholly / Set inside your heart, my Master / So I reflect your will.


Lord, may we see that it is you who refines and purifies. May we not look in any way to ourselves to work our way to holiness. Rather, may we live our lives wholly in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Rev. Frank Espegren, Associate Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment