Monday, December 14, 2009

Isaiah 61:1-4

During Advent we are reminded that God has a plan and that plan includes us. Isaiah 61 starts by saying “The spirit of the Lord is upon me...” God had a plan for Isaiah and the other prophets. They were called anointed for their mission. Isaiah’s mission, as Jerusalem was being rebuilt, included bringing the good news, healing and comforting. God’s plan in sending Jesus included teaching, healing and comforting, and many other opportunities for ministry. Have you thought about what plan God has for you? Have you listened recently for what the spirit of God is saying to you? I encourage you to take a look at what spiritual gifts you have been given. Spend some quiet time during this busy season and give thanks for those gifts. Let the “spirit of the Lord” be upon you as you reflect and consider the plan God has for you and your spiritual gifts.

Loving God, open my ears to your word and your plan for me. Help me appreciate the gifts you have given me and help me to know how to use those gifts in ways that are pleasing to you. In Christ’s name we pray. Amen.

Suzi Carson, Parish Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment