Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Isaiah 61:8-11

One day my Grandmother and I planted corn in her backyard. The next time I visited her I checked on the corn, but nothing was there yet.

Several weeks later I looked out the window to check on the seeds. And guess what? There were sprouts! I threw my shoes on and I raced outside as fast as I could and I was amazed when I got out there. It was breathtaking. I had never seen anything like it before. It was awesome and cool.

God promises in Isaiah, “For as the Earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring up before all the nations.”

I hope, just like in my garden, that righteousness and praise will “sprout” up into the world someday soon.

Melitta Kauppinen, St. John’s Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment